Here's me

My name is Matt I'm a freelance music teacher. I teach whole classes, voice, and guitar both privately and in local schools.

I've been running since February 2010. I originally set this up to promote fund raising for Edale Mountain Rescue Team when I did the Nottingham Ultra in 2011. I raised over £500 but the race was so uneventful (in a good way) that I couldn't be bothered to do a write up.

Now I'm intending to use it to document the running stuff that I want to be able to remember.

Friday 3 January 2014

Here comes 2014

I've been thinking a lot about what I'll be doing in 2014 so here it is.

Dry January is extended till march 23rd. Here's the rules. A small slip £5, a big slip £20, total failure £100 to mountain rescue. The reward for completion will be the best and lightest waterproof I can find waiting for me at the start line of...

Edale skyline 23rd March. I want a pb.

Training for this will be mixed up a bit. So kettle bell strength, a tabata followed by balancing, perfect pair (kettle bell swings and press ups), a run per week. Interspersed with one or two weeks of big milage.

Ultra tour peaks in June. Woot. I was hesitant about entering this because I really don't have time to do ultra training and I am still suffering with my foot. But I've been wanting to do it for a while and in a moment of madness I signed up. I will be doing this as a sponsored event raising money for mountain rescue.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment